Friday, February 20, 2015

Nemo’s Pizza Meatloaf



Vote for my nephew Nehemiah Arndt in the St Louis Post Dispatch's Kid Chef Contest.  Nemo is 12, and makes a killer meatloaf in his video submission!

Please click the badge on my blog page and vote, you may vote once per day and registration is easy and can be done through Facebook...

(The following has been copied from the St Louis Post Dispatch web page)

Recipe: Nemo’s Pizza Meatloaf
Hello, my name is Nehemiah Arndt – my friends call me Nemo. I am twelve years old and I live in Collinsville, IL. Today, I am making my pizza meatloaf. I came up with this signature dish so I could have two of my favorite dishes at the same time.

Ingredients
1 lb of fresh ground chuck
1 lb of fresh Italian sausage
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 med finely chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 eggs
½ c. milk
2 c. Italian bread crumbs

1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, with ½ c. in reserve for garnish
3 c. marinara sauce with 1 c. held in reserve
30 slices of pepperoni

optional ingredients may include chopped green peppers, mushrooms, olives, or other favorite pizza toppings

Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine the first set of ingredients. Hand-mix until fully mixed. Divide the meat mixture in two.

2. Place the first half of meat and gently press into 7 x 11 dish.

3. Spread 2 c. of marinara sauce over the meat.

4. Layer the cheese over that and then top with pepperoni and other pizza toppings.

5. Top with a little more cheese

6. On a clean surface, smooth out the second portion of meat and then lay it over the pizza toppings.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

8. Top with remaining sauce, cheese and other toppings as desired.

9. Bake for 15 more minutes.

Serve with side salad and garlic bread. Enjoy Nemo’s Pizza Meatloaf!
Your Kid Chef's First Name: Nehemiah
How old is your Kid Chef?: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment