Monday, July 20, 2009

Ham Tettrazini


This is a family favorite, that we all used to beg my Grandma Graden to make for every family dinner! We could definantly count on having it almost every Easter. I think we all at one time or another went and made it with my Grandmother. Others tried to make this dish but it was never the same as when Grandmother made it! I enjoy making it and have shared it with others here in St Louis and it has always been well recieved!


I would suggest to use fresh fresh fresh! If you have any questions on how to prepare this feel free to ask!


Ham Tettrazini

From the Kitchen of Louise Graden

(I think she clipped it from a newspaper, when she first married my Grandpa)


1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup melted butter

1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms sliced

1/3 cup flour

2 cups milk

2 cups Half n Half

2 T. cooking sherry (optional)

1/4 tsp. salt (I use Sea Salt)

dash of garlic salt & pepper

3/4 shredded parmesan cheese

1 (7 oz.) pkg. spaghetti cooked (I use Whole Wheat)

2 cups small thinly sliced cooked ham pieces


Sauté onion in butter until transparent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Blend in flour. Stir in milk and half n half slowly, so it doesn't lump. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and thickened.

Add sherry, salts, and pepper. Mix together 1/2 cup shredded parmesans, spaghetti in bottom of 2 qt. greased shallow baking dish. Cover with alternative layers of sauce and ham ending with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese over top.

Cover and bake in moderate oven (325 degrees) until bubbly around edges for 20-25 minutes.


Makes 6 to 8 servings or more.(When doubling use a 2 lb. box.)

No comments:

Post a Comment